We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our tight-knit team of creatives. We work closely in a team oriented setting on a wide variety of projects, primarily custom WordPress websites from the ground up. An essential part of our process is working together to strategize and creatively collaborate to bring the best solutions to the table. We are looking for someone to dive right in and start solving problems along side of us to create amazing stuff for our clients.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience (preferably agency work).
- Basic understanding of server-side principles.
- Functional knowledge of AJAX techniques and using JSON.
- Superior knowledge of optimization principles and techniques (Image Optimization, Code Minification, etc).
- Understanding of current and legacy browser capabilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of design principles.
- Functional knowledge of Git.
- Ability to apply feedback efficiently.
- Excellent ability to pivot quickly and adjust code as needed.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and professionally.
Your Daily Grind
- Effectively translate Sketch and InVision designs/prototype interfaces into functional, interactive, and responsive front-end code.
- A “people person” that can collaborate in a team setting and bring insightful perspective to the conversation.
- Maintain well-documented and equitable code to ensure usability by other team members.
- Proactively test for compatibility and optimization across devices and platforms.
- Use Git to log and solve project issues.
- Prevent scope creep and road blocks by offering constructive feedback on visual designs to establish realistic front-end goals.
- Stay current on best practices and the latest software, languages, and libraries.
- Maintain accurate time logs to track your tasks.
- Work with project coordinator and Asana project management. software to manage your workload efficiently.
The Cherry On Top
- Basic knowledge of PHP and custom development in WordPress
- Experience with using tools such as Composer, Webpack, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with WCAG 2.0 Level AA accessibility compliance
- Basic understanding of how to use virtual servers and databases (MySQL, MariaDB)
- Past experience with UI design and basic design principles
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud, Affinity, Sketch, and other design software
- Familiar with working in the InVision app
“Someone who can dig into the nitty-gritty, solve complex problems with an eye for detail is essential.”
-Matthew Schroeder, Director
Interested in Applying?
We would love to hear from you, drop us a message with a link to your resume/portfolio and how you discovered us and this position.