Season’s Greetings! As we enter this holiday season we’d like to wish you & yours a most joyous Christmas. Since our team here has been working round the clock, we’re planning to observe this holiday in style and will be closed both Monday, December 25th as well as Tuesday, December 26th. We hope you’ll join in the festive spirit whether it’s sitting around a nice cozy fireplace in the presence of family or friends or busy traveling far distances to accompany your loved ones. And though the forecast calls for gobs of chilly, it really wouldn’t be a Minnesota Christmas without a chance of frostbite.
For all you last minute shoppers out there, you’re in luck as our team also dabbles a bit on the side of “Shopping Guru”. We’ve rounded up some of the best ingenious gift-giving ideas that will keep you on favorable terms with your entourage:
- Nothing says I love you like socks. Hear us out: they’re not only suitable to wear, but they come in all customizable selections to fit your perfect someone’s wish list. Runners, hikers, day wearers…honestly, I think we all can agree putting on a fresh, clean pair of foot comfort is the perfect way to spread Christmas cheer.
- Portable speakers. Enough said. With pesky wires out of the way, that’s a gift in itself. And since most of these highly evolved sound machines have features like voice-control and syncing capabilities, it’s the techy trend that is going to make you look savvy, even if you’re not.
- You can basically find a monthly subscription box in just about every category, but we’ll tell you what – it’s literally the gift that keeps on giving – all year long! And the surprise of what you’ll get in each monthly installment will surely top opening just one present at Christmastime. So save the wrapping, packing, & present picking for the company of your choosing and you’ll end up a winner for being so thoughtful.
- Puzzlesome puzzles. We’re always a bit surprised how big a hit these fun little toys can be, like a toddler more intrigued with the wrapping than the present, but maybe it’s the handy dandy thrill of solving seemingly simple problems that makes these gifts engaging for all ages.
- And if you’re really hard up for finding just the right thing, there’s always the ‘bit of plastic.’ Can’t go wrong with gift cards. Though they create the illusion that you made a significant gifting effort, we all know most of the time these were just quick solutions. Be that as it may, they’ll certainly be welcomed and used to the benefit of the receiver.
And when you’re all done spending your hard earned money, we’ve got a nice laundry list of true Minnesotan activities for you to partake in for the next [Mother Nature’s choosing] to ride the rest of this season out:
- We’re partial to the North Shore here at 8bitstudio, but if you haven’t been, it’s time you take a drive. This strip encompasses a great deal of trails, sight-seeing, and wildlife abound. The winter months are a great time to catch some northern lights, spot a moose wandering about the woods, or even a great gray owl perched in the still of the forest. So be sure to take advantage of our great state’s stretch of Lake Superior shoreline. This destination will not disappoint.
- Skiing. Be it the top of Moose Mountain in Lutsen to Buck Hill or Afton Alps in the cities, even as far as Powder Ridge in Minnesota’s farmland, this state has got you covered. Or if you’re not particularly accustomed to the thrill of shredding our slopes, there’s always hope for tubing, ice fishing, dog sledding, ice skating, snowmobiling and our personal favorite – snowshoeing. All these will be sure to get you loving the cold temps and Minnesotan winters.
- Polar plunge. Jumpstart your year for a good cause! We know, a bit on the wild side, but might we suggest embracing these monotonous sub-zero temps and showing a little community support at the same time? Attracting fanatics from all over our state, our 10,000+ lakes fill up fast with the screams of cold-blooded enthusiasts, so get your name added to the list before it’s too late!
Overall, 8bitstudio will be closing out 2017 in good spirits as there has been much to be thankful for. We’ve kept busy, taken on some incredible clients, project challenges, new hires, and as always, have very much appreciated you being on board with us this year!
So we send you the very best holiday cheer! May this season be merry & bright and we’ll be here for you come 2018!