We worked with Minnesota State to create a compelling design that included a user portal, clean navigation, and an information repository that resulted in improved user experience and site traffic.
About the Company
If you’re somewhat familiar with Minnesota, then you’d know that agriculture is not in short supply! In fact, the corn capital of the world is just a hop, skip, and a jump from our center of operations. So our crew was happy to be enlisted by AgCentric, a MN state program bridging the gap between students and a successful career in agriculture. As a driving force for agricultural education and agribusiness, this influential program provides a pathway for K-12, beginning farmers, and the next gen to seek out a future in the Ag industry.
Ground Zero Objectives
Right off the bat this idea that AgCentric’s Farm Business Management division would have a separate web presence from their centric site didn’t sit well with us, so instead we ran with giving their current website platform a refreshingly clean design and aimed to highlight the Farm Business sector as a seamless extension. It was a good move and one that now serves as a functional database hub, providing quick & easy access to information on resources, classes, and workshops in just a few clicks.
We simultaneously improved upon their overall navigation and reinforced the tone and feel of the website by implementing a robust search engine, striking imagery throughout, CMS capability, and a parallax scrolling effect. The results speak for themselves and the site now reveals a manageable design targeting both young and old who can navigate the website with ease. A few tricks up our sleeves later and ta da! The once outdated & dull site is now a bit of green acre luster.
- Restructure & reorganize the main AgCentric online presence to include a Farm Business Management expansion as a hub for visitors to acquire Ag information
- Streamline navigation global links to house deeper content and appeal to visitors with an emphasis on Farm Business Management
- Responsive web design to provide an optimal user experience on multiple devices
- Keep website fresh with images, relevant content, and allow for client to manage content using CMS functionality
- Ability of database repository to grow, evolve, and support AgCentric’s expansion/ initiatives
- Establish member login that would serve as a private portal for users to access specialized content
- Featured blog feed to connect with visitors and keep website fresh and up-to-date
- Created custom design for Event Posts to be showcased on blogroll
- Allow visitors to filter content and access information quickly using a robust infinite scroll search feature
- Revamped content previously housed on MNSCU’s website, by creating a new design and user experience for users to access 50+ years of Historical Farm Data Reports, as well as creating a new map feature to assist students in locating Deans & Instructors based on their Minnesota state region
- Updated our customized Career Pathway tool to fit the site’s new typographic style